Pets Alive is seeking a full-time veterinary surgeon to perform high-volume spay/neuter surgeries. A registered veterinary nurse and veterinary assistants provide support.
DVM and Indiana, CSR, DEA licensing are required.
Surgical duties include:
– Examine animals pre-op to determine their ability to withstand surgery
– Perform surgical sterilizations and other surgeries including but not limited to: hernia repair, cherry eye, and dew claw removal
– Examine animals post-op as necessary to ensure appropriate healing
– Inoculate animals and provide recommendations for follow-up care
– Supervise cleaning program for prevention of infectious/zoonotic disease
– Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by veterinary staff
– Supervise post-op rechecks and order of medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery
– Actively promote spay/neuter and educate clients on responsible animal ownership
– Actively support associate staff and volunteers, and promote the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission
– Represent Pets Alive spay/neuter clinic in a professional and courteous manner at all times
– Provide quality service to clients, volunteers, and staff recognizing their individual contributions to the success of our organization
– Participate on committees and special projects as assigned
– Other duties as assigned
Salary commensurate with experience. Relocation stipend and tuition reimbursement negotiable. Employer-subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, along with retirement benefits and life insurance, available.
Pets Alive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Allison Hess.