DVM and Indiana, CSR, DEA licensing are required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Relocation stipend and tuition reimbursement negotiable. Employer-subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, along with retirement benefits and life insurance, are available for full-time staff.
* Our schedule is Monday-Thursday! We enjoy long weekends every week!! Full benefits are available along with a competitive wage, generous PTO, support in paying off student loans and the ability to truly make a difference.*
Surgical duties include:
– Examine animals pre-op to determine their ability to withstand surgery
– Perform surgical sterilizations and other surgeries including but not limited to: hernia repair, cherry eye, and dew claw removal
– Examine animals post-op as necessary to ensure appropriate healing
– Inoculate animals and provide recommendations for follow-up care
– Supervise cleaning program for prevention of infectious/zoonotic disease
– Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by veterinary staff
– Supervise post-op rechecks and order of medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery
– Actively promote spay/neuter and educate clients on responsible animal ownership
– Actively support associate staff and volunteers, and promote the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission
– Represent Pets Alive spay/neuter clinic in a professional and courteous manner at all times
– Provide quality service to clients, volunteers, and staff recognizing their individual contributions to the success of our organization
– Participate on committees and special projects as assigned
– Other duties as assigned
Pets Alive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.