We are a high-volume clinic, and while we keep everything as clean and sterile as possible, we cannot control for airborne viruses. Therefore, we recommend every animal be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to surgery. We cannot be held responsible for complications resulting from contagious diseases for which the animal was not properly vaccinated. We offer low-cost vaccinations at our walk-in Wellness Clinic.
Pets Alive Recommends Fully Vaccinating Your Pet Before Surgery
For dogs, we recommend:
- $15 Distemper/Parvo
- $15 Bordatella (Kennel Cough)
- $10-25 Dewormer
For cats, we recommend:
- $15 FVRCP Feline 3-in-1 Combo
- $10-15 Dewormer
Local Bloomington Surgeries
You can now conveniently schedule a spay/neuter surgery online! Simply click the button below to get started. Please review Surgery Fees and Client Instructions prior to scheduling in order to prepare for your pet’s surgery. Still have questions? Please call (812) 349-1349 and leave a message with your name, phone number, and surgery needed. We have a small staff and are often unable to answer the phone during business hours. We will return your voicemail as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Important information when scheduling online
- Request your appointment. Complete all of the questions; it is very important that we have both your and your pet’s correct information. Next, select all of the service you would like your pet to have during the visit. We can add services at arrival but it is important to have the majority of the services be in the initial appointment request. We must have an email address to email your forms to you to sign once your appointment is approved.
- We will review the request to schedule. If we have questions we will call before confirming the appointment.
- Once we approve the appointment you will receive an email confirmation and the appropriate form (SN Consent for surgery or Wellness Form for vaccine clinic) will be in the email as a link to open and complete.
- Complete the forms in their entirety. We must have all questions that have blue answer boxes completed before you send the form back to the clinic.
Still have questions? Call the clinic for guidance.
Schedule via Transport Partner
If you live outside of Bloomington, it might be more convenient to use our Transport Program. We partner with animal shelters and rescue groups in 21 counties in Indiana. Our transport partners offer door-to-door pick-up, surgery, recovery, and return for healthy cats and dogs. Vaccination and microchipping services are available with surgeries. Contact the Transport Partner closest to you, and schedule a surgery directly with your local animal group/shelter.